Enjoy Searching This Blog and Beyond

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Herbal Wisdom


Ginger! I've been bonding with this Alley for my cough! I have simply cut up the root with the intention of merging with her healing properties and boiled it for 10 minutes before allowing to cool for a short time, adding raw honey, and imbibing in the strong tea! Very helpful in allowing me to breathe better immediately!

Susun Weed suggests a ginger compress for women experiencing breast lumps. Powdered ginger tea sweetened with honey, she says, is a carminative and therefore great for stomacheaches. I have used ginger for this purpose and find it to be effective and I love candied ginger for when I am out and about It's super yummy!

You might try tincturing ginger root in vodka or making a vinegar of ginger from apple cider vinegar! Adding ginger to soups and other dishes is a nice way to add her healing elements to your life, too. Ginger carrot soup is one of my favorites!

Go to the grocery store, find a fresh piece of ginger root which is not shriveled and put her to use! It is good to bring all of your attention to any herbal ally you use and allow your intentions for specific healing effects to be at the forefront of you mind when preparing any herbal remedy.

Enjoy this fabulous root today and as Susun would say, "Green Blessings!" (www.susunweed.com)

These posts are not reviewed by the FDA and are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.

No comments:

Post a Comment