Enjoy Searching This Blog and Beyond

Monday, January 10, 2011

January's Calling

The days are slowly growing longer.  People are getting back to life after the holidays with great intentions for better health, deeper spiritual connection, better financial control.  I personally, have recommitted myself to Stillness, to Movement, to Surrender.

This time of year always calls me inside.  I become wildly erratic when I don't take the time to rest enough, exercise enough, drink enough water, eat enough hot oats, or drink enough strong herbal infusions.  The lack of light affects me.  The dry air affects me.  And somehow, this time of year is like a jolt that makes me look evermore deeply into the darkness and admit where I am compromising my soul.  I become ill.  It's a dance.

Sitting with eyes closed, breathing slowly with awareness, relaxing into this here...I surrender what is changing for me, what remains for me, and I surrender to the great Nothing from which all arises and returns back to.  This is my meditation.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment